- Buzz Media
Opportunity: Communications Internship
Position is located in Downtown Schenectady, New York.
Buzz Media, a full-service communications firm located in the heart of downtown Schenectady, NY, provides businesses and organizations with a wide variety of strategic communications solutions. From the arts and nonprofits, to education, entertainment & fitness, on to technology and start-up companies, Buzz Media Solutions works to ensure clients achieve their goals.
Communications Internship Opportunity
If you are a self-starter and are interested in building your knowledge of marketing and communications, this could be the position for you! This Communications Internship opportunity will call upon your positive and results-oriented attitude and will provide you with a solid foundation to build your career as a communications professional.
In this position you will take direction from senior management and be expected to attend and participate in meetings. You will also learn how to implement a variety of marketing and communications activities to execute successful communications and community engagement campaigns and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a flair for writing and will be an avid social media user. Being analytical, creative, curious and detail-oriented is a must.
You Will Learn To:
• Use social media and other online tools.
• Do research and gather information.
• Attend team meetings and take notes/prepare agendas.
• Draft attention-getting press releases, media advisories and other forms of content.
• Become an effective liaison between teams and management.
• Develop compelling news stories.
• Pitch stories to targeted media outlets.
• Coordinate special events.
• Participate in business development related activities.
• Use email marketing software such as Constant Contact and MailChimp.
Skills & Qualifications
• Possess an above average aptitude for writing. We will ask for a few examples.
• Be an effective communicator.
• Ability to work well in groups and independently.
• Must be a self-starter and take initiative.
• Must be able to organize and manage multiple tasks.
• Be able to “roll” with changing priorities.
• Be well-versed with social media websites.
• Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
To be considered for this internship please send your resume to: Caroline@BuzzMediaSolutions.com.
Download a PDF of this announcement